You, the entrepreneur, must meet the following criteria as you submit your business proposal:
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old as of October 1, 2017.
- Your business must be applicable in an African country.
- Your business proposal must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies, etc.).
- Your business must be for profit.
- Your business idea must include a social impact. You need to articulate the problem that you are trying to solve as well as the solution that you propose to offer.
- Your business must be relevant to one of these categories:
- Education – positively impact education in Africa
- Environment – positively impact the environment in Africa
- Uncharted – a high-impact business venturing into unexplored territory or untested markets
Additional Eligibility Information
- You can submit a proposal as a resident of any country worldwide – keeping in mind that you must be a citizen of an African country.
- For example, a resident of the United Arab Emirates with Egyptian citizenship is eligible for this Award.
- Your business can operate in any African country even if you are not a citizen of that country.
- For example, a Ghanaian citizen can submit a proposal for a business in Liberia.
- You can submit a proposal for a business already in operation.
- Your business can operate across borders in multiple African countries.
- Your business should demonstrate the potential to scale beyond one region in Africa to pan-African impact.
- You can operate in multiple countries, but you will be asked to designate a primary community in Africa that will benefit or be impacted by your business.
or GET STARTED
Ask another question